Friday 29 December 2023

Friday Night Disco - Rocking Goose - Johnny & The Hurricanes

Over the last week, since my post "Northern Soul Sheep and Goats " I have been chatting, by e-mail, with my old friend and Northern Soul aficionado, Keith, in between him sending me pictures of him enjoying the sun in Spain.  I've known Keith for just shy of 50 years, and not just in my opinion, but that of many others, he has the most prolific and detailed knowledge of Northern Soul, and Motown.  We have been swapping our picks of what are the worst records, being played, currently, with both of agreeing on "These Boots Are Made For Walking", as the most dire, being neither soul music, nor even good pop music, nor even danceable.  In the process, Keith reminded me of this record, which is also not Northern Soul, but, which, is very danceable, and was played in youth club and other discos, in the 1960's, and early 1970's.



No comments: