Saturday 11 February 2023

Davo R.I.P.

I was saddened to learn, a couple of days ago, from my old friend, Keith Beardmore, that Graham "Davo" Davison had just died, after being ill for some time, following the removal of part of his lung.  Keith has today, e-mailed me to say that the funeral, is family only, but there will be a celebration of Davo on 24th February, at 7 p.m. at Ray Reardon's Snooker Club, in Adventure Place, Hanley, with Colin Curtis and others.

Davo was one of he first people from the Torch I got to know, back in the late 1960's, along with Keith Minshull, Trevor Harley, Phil Morgan, Phil and Duncan Simic and others.  A couple of years later, when I started going out with my wife, one of her friends, at the Sixth Form College, was also going out with Davo, at the time.  In those early years, before the All Nighters, back in the late 60's, and early 70's, Davo used to DJ, along with Keith Minshull, and we all used to talk to him, during the week, when we went into Bew's to see what new records we could pick up that week.

The last time I saw Davo, must be about thirty years ago, when I went into his record shop in Burslem, a shop he'd taken over from Andy Myatt.  I have no doubt that many people will want to turn up to pay tribute, on the night to a really nice bloke, which Davo was.

Keith also tells me that Adventure Place is also where legendary Torch dancer, the late Phil Morgan, used to live, though, when I knew back in the late 60's, and early 70's, he was still living in Davenport Street, Tunstall, the main road, just below Brownhills School.  All of us pebbles on the beach, washed together, and away again by the tides of life.  KTF.

No comments: