Saturday 6 August 2011

Northern Soul Classsics - Don't Put Off Until Tomorrow - The Monitors

I thought of doing "The Wash" by Brenda and the Tabs, being as its featuring on a current TV ad, and is on those old tapes. But, its not really a Northern Classic. So, I'll be featuring another classic from Brenda later.
Instead, I'm featuring this other classic from those tapes. From way back when, this is a perfect piece of Northern from the Motown stable, on the VIP label, which produced some other classics I've featured in the sidebar in the past, such as Bobby Taylor's "Oh I've Been Blessed". It will not be the last outing for The Monitors. The Summer magic continues.


2 comments:

http://www.soulserver.eu said...

Superb Spin my friend...

Boffy said...

Thanks. I think it may date back to the Wheel, but I remember it from the early days of the Torch. I've always thought it was never given the appreciation it deserved.